Organizations | Standards and Guidelines | Glossary | Policies | Monitoring | Research & Development | Software
Standards and Guidelines
- The Venice Charter: International Charter For The Conservation And Restoration Of Monuments And Sites, ICOMOS, Second International Congress of Architects and Technicians of Historic Buildings. See Article 16 which outlines the importance of Publication and related Documentation activities.
- ICOMOS Principles for the Recording of Monuments, Groups of Buildings and Sites, text ratified by the 11th ICOMOS General Assembly, held in Sofia, Bulgaria, 5-9 October, 1996.
- Charter on the Protection and Management of Underwater Cultural Heritage, adopted by the ICOMOS General Assembly. See Article 8 which outlines the importance of Documentation.
- ICOMOS Principles for the Preservation and Conservation/Restoration of Wall Paintings, Ratified by the ICOMOS 14th General Assembly, in Vicoria Falls, Zimbabwe, October 2003. See Article 3 which outlines the importance of Documentation.
- Charter for the Conservation of Places of Cultural Heritage Value, ICOMOS New Zealand. See Part 12 which outlines the importance of Records.
- Recommendation on International Principles Applicable to Archaeological Excavations, UNESCO. See Part 25 which outlines the importance of Documentation.
- Principles for the Preservation of Historic Timber Buildings Charter, ICOMOS International Wood Committee. See Parts 1 and 2 pertaining to the importance of Recording and Documentation.
Research and Development